Monday, January 30, 2006

Emotional II

We sang How Great Thou Art in church today. There were not many people in the church today. Very light crowd. So, I really felt the need to sing louder than normal. Make up for the empty seats, you know. Hoping not to offend anyone by being off-key or anything. After all, it is for God, not for anyone else, right. Anyway, so I am singing at the top of my lungs and the next song is How Great Thou Art. And it hits me as I am singing the words.

Oh Lord my God when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed

HOW GREAT THOU ART. Truly. Our God is amazing. He does so much for us and what do we do for Him?

Tears were streaming down my face and I was kind of glad that the church was so empty, I didn't feel as though I had to look a certain way or be a certain way depending on who was watching me.

Then Sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee! How Great Thou Art. HOW GREAT THOU ART!

The few voices, combined with the AWESOME music (that guitar just gets me) and I just lost it. Well, I hope you all had equally earth-shattering experiences...I know I for one am glad I made it to church this Sunday.

2 comments:

joannmski said...

I am amazed that you can write this well in the middle of the night.

Amen!

Sinnersaint said...

It sounded great didn't it?

P.S. It's two in the morning Amy! Go to bed!