Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Old Cartoons

Well, we downgraded our dish service recently. $19.99/mo now. But all we get are 20 channels and four of them are Nickelodeon and one is Boomerang. Boomerang is made by Cartoon Network and has all the old cartoons. So, the girls have been watching all the classics for a couple of weeks now. Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Magilla Gorilla, Pink Panther, Smurfs. There are so many. And they are enjoying them immensely. When I was a kid and watching The Brady Bunch, I had no idea I was watching re-runs. Well, this is all new to them, too. I found two Smurfs in my drawer two days ago. A regular one and Papa Smurf dressed up as Santa Claus. Jessica wants the girl smurf now. I told her I don't think we will be able to find that anymore and she seems to think Santa Claus may be able to locate it. So, I used a different tactic. "Of all the things out there, like Barbies and Disney toys, you want a Smurf from Santa Claus?" I think I have dissuaded her. But she is enjoying these cartoons. So did Dad, when he came over. A fun time for all.

1 comment:

jennie said...

I love those! The smurfs, Scooby Doo, and even Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake (the old one though, not the new one, she doesn't look right!) How fun!