Sunday, February 18, 2007

John Harvey

There is a lady at our church whose son is in Iraq. He has a birthday coming up in a week. So, I got this brilliant idea to send him a package from anyone and everyone who wants to participate! We are going to make some cookies and brownies and send a birthday card with happy wishes for him and anyone who wants to comment and send a birthday greeting his way can do so. In fact, we encourage you to do so! If you want so send something along with the package, I will be sending it out on Wednesday, so whatever you want to include (baked goods, toothbrushes, toothpaste, chewing gum, something cool I am not thinking of now), then let me know and I will plan to include it in the shipment. I figure if we get too many things, he can share them with the guys he is with. I am certain they can't have too much! Chocolate bars are happily accepted and I am told Butterfingers are his favorite! So, if you want to be included, please write something nice and I will print all the birthday wishes and if you want to just send a generic hey, how are ya to the guys in the troop, we will send that along as well. No matter what your feelings are on the war, these guys are over there doing their job for their country and deserve to be acknowledged, right? So let's do right by them! Please feel free to post well wishes in the comments!

1 comment:

jennie said...

I'm too far away to get something to you, but I always want to say "Thanks" to all the troops over there. If you could pass that along from everyone over here in OH I'd appreciate it! :)