Friday, March 09, 2007

Dad and Ebay

I can't remember if I ever wrote about the problems Dad had with the guy he bought parts from on ebay. Well, he paid for them back in October and received them in November. The parts were junk, sloppy and worn out, but the guy claimed they were tight fitting and in good shape. Well, he wouldn't return them. So we complained to ebay. Took forever, but they replied and said we needed to talk to Paypal. So we did. The guy wouldn't budge. So we filed a claim. Took another five weeks. They decided in our favor. Return the parts, get your money back. So we did. Waited some more. Finally got the credit on the Amex. The guy was a complete jerk. Claiming the parts were in good shape when they were not. Porsche repair is all Dad has done for the last 45 years!

Dad called me up the other night to tell me the guy re-listed the parts. Said due to a "recent horrible experience with a rookie in California" that he would accept no returns on these parts. Trying to sell them again to some unsuspecting person that probably won't take it as far as we did!

It is irritating, though also comedic, that my Dad, who is very well known in the Porsche field, especially vintage racing, 356 restoration, etc., would be labeled as a "rookie".

The nerve of some people!

5 comments:

rosemary said...

Good for all of you....eBay can be problematic sometimes. I'm glad you are OK....was thinking you had flu relapsed. The kittie's name???? What is the Pampered (Pampurred) Chef? Kitty food recipies??? Did Scott get the cartoon I emailed?

Sandy said...

Your Dad a rookie??? I'm still steamed!

stefani said...

I don't understand how people can get away with doing things like that. :(

Soozcat said...

Oh, I had problems with an eBay seller as well--some doofus who sold me a bootleg copy of a video which he passed off as an original. At least he didn't give me too much trouble about a refund, but he left me nasty negative feedback that (due to profanity) I was able to have removed. Sheesh.

Lorraine said...

The nerve. But isn't there a rating system with ebay so you can record your experience and warn others off the guy? That's some justice. Rookie indeed. Pft.