Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Tired

Went to the gym tonight. Walked four miles in 85 minutes. Read an entire magazine during this time. How often does this happen? Like, never. I left when the kids were in bed, but not yet asleep. Hubby was asleep, though. Doesn't like it when I am gone at night, but, I really want to go to the gym.

So, I have been thinking lately, and this may not come out the way it does in my head. Christ is with us always. He is with us when we see something we shouldn't look at. He is with us when we mutter something under our breath. He is with us in the car when we get angry at another driver. So, why do we not talk to Him as though He is standing right there. Why do we not treat Him as though He is at our side? Why do we think we can "get away" with things, when He is right there watching our every move? I don't mean like a surveillance camera, smile, you are on film, but more like when you are walking around the mall and just relaxing and you turn to your friend, Jesus, and talk to Him. He isn't far away. He is with you, right NOW. We can just call out His name any time, any where. Neat.

Jessica was praying over her breakfast. She asked God to talk louder so she could hear Him. She said she doesn't always hear what He says to her. I don't think she knew I was listening. It was very cool.

I don't know how I am going to get through this whole Christmas thing. My house is such a mess and I just can't seem to get ahead of it. Laundry, stacks of it. Dirty dishes in the sink. Not done emptying the dishwasher. And I HATE junk mail. I can't seem to get rid of it all. Christmas cards to finish. Living room to clean up. Carpet to shampoo. Play room to clean up. Junk to hide. Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...

3 comments:

Sinnersaint said...

She asked God to talk louder so she could hear Him. She said she doesn't always hear what He says to her.

That is a very cool thing.

joannmski said...

Wow, good for you for walking! That is great.

When I am overwhelmed, I set the timer for 15 min. I work on one task and nothing else (family room, or dishes) for 15 min. You would be amazed how much you can get done. Then you can do another 15 min. somewhere else. Then another 15 min. of coffee and relaxation. It keeps you on track.

Stacia said...

you're right about remembering God is right there to talk to at any time. I used to do that better and felt even closer to Him. I want to get back to that place.