Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Cherries!

Well, I have already gone to two cherry places and the cherries are good! Cherry season officially opens on Saturday the 17th. So, they will be available for at least three weeks after that. We went to one place on Sunday after church to check it out and the cherries were $3/lb. The place I went to today was $2/lb. At Rhodes Ranch today we got bing cherries and they were good, big and sweet. Rebekah and Jessica sat down at the table when we got home and ate cherries. The air was cool at the orchard, a lot of people had light jackets on. Breezy, about 70 degrees. Nice! We only got five pounds of cherries, I picked three and the girls each picked one. But we had fun! It only took about 30-40 minutes. We had fun. They wanted to get more, and so they are looking forward to going again.

1 comment:

joannmski said...

Oh, YUM! I know one priest who is a big time cherry fiend. I'll have to give you some dinero to buy us some while the season is on.