Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What a Day!




Some cute pictures. The girls are just cute all the time and the sunset was absolutely gorgeous on Sunday night. The sheep were out on the field across from our house, you could hear them making sheep noises out there and the sunset was beautiful. This is the view of the sunset we have from our front yard. One good reason we like living where we live.

As far as the gophers go, I caught another one. I have figured out that if I "bait" the traps, they come running. That is, set the trap, put it in the hole and find a half eaten bulb that they have destroyed and put it just outside the trap. Has worked twice now. The dumb gophers are still eating my gladiola plants and I don't think I will get a single flower from them. They are also eating the strawberry plants that are in the ground. And one dared to dig a hole in the grass. That was the last straw. They must die. So, I set the trap, baited it and WHAM! Checked it the next morning and there he was.

Oh, and I had a mouse in my car. The lady at the deli gave Jess and Bekah chocolate ladybugs and I left them in the console between the seats. Got back in the car later and found a scrape in the top of one of them. Okay, throw them away, just in case. Wait, where is the third one? Couldn't find it. Found it yesterday after I opened the door to my car and saw a mouse run under the seat. I think it got in through the heater vents under the seats. Anyway, cleaned out my car, which wasn't very dirty and found the other ladybug, on the floor behind the seats, with all the aluminum foil peeled off and a big chunk of chocolate missing from the top of the ladybug. Dumb mice. They must be female mice. What with the way mice reproduce they are probably all PMSing all the time. They need chocolate, too! I am going to try baiting the traps in the garage with chocolate! One hershey kiss in each trap ought to do it! I'll show them!


I never thought I would see the day that Scott would put a bug outside that was in the house, but he does a lot for his little brown haired girl. She found a little black beetle in the house the other day and decided it was a baby bug and that we needed to take care of it. I finally convinced her to let Daddy put it outside and let it find its family. So, Daddy did the honorable thing, but it took all he had not to squish it. He was good. The next morning the girls were looking out the door to see if it was still there.

At the grocery store last night. Trying to pick what flavor of yogurt the girls would like. Woman standing next to me. Jess stands next to her, (she is on her cell phone), looks at her and says, "Do you know who the devil is?" I wanted to disappear into the floor! Well, luckily, the lady's response was, "Yes, I do, but I also know Jesus!" Thank heaven for small miracles! We had a little discussion about tact. Talk about embarrassing!

1 comment:

joannmski said...

Those are great pictures!!!

Maybe you should bait the mice traps with Midol, it sounds like they are indeed having a lot of PMS.

And please tell kind Scott, I got some black widow spiders around here he can gently carry outside ;-)