Thursday, June 29, 2006

Toady


Well, I was watering last night in the front yard and I splashed a little water in the hole that we flooded the gopher with recently. I looked at the hole next to it and saw a little head pop out. Then another one. At first I thought it was more gophers. Nope. It was our toads. I thought we had only one, however it seems she found a mate. I didn't know they burrow underground and they decided to set up shop in the gophers hole. I had been having a problem with daddy long legs in the front yard and they seem to be all gone. These little guys, or not so little, the female is about four inches long, eat all the bugs. Cool! Too bad they don't eat mice. So, they are harmless as long as we leave them alone and they'll take the place of Hydrex. Cheaper, too. So, we are letting them stay. I did a little research on the toads and they seem okay. Pretty ugly, though! Maybe they will keep the gophers out of those holes!

Oh, and a little information on the story below. Scott figured I copied it from somewhere. No, this is all original Amy. Hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

joannmski said...

It is so fun to hear about all the J family Zoo!