Sunday, July 16, 2006

Blog Challenge #1

It runs in the family...

When my brother was little, my mom put him down for a nap and when he woke up, he complained about a pain in his nose. My mom checked his nose and didn't see anything, so didn't think about it again. A little while later, he tells her there is a wheel in his nose. She thinks he is just messing around, because how could he get a wheel up his nose, they are far too big! Well, he keeps complaining and finally she figures out that it is from a hot wheels car. They were able to get it out without too much difficulty.

Jessica was playing with a sticker one afternoon and I later found parts of it lying around on the floor. I picked them up and threw them away. Well, after a while, she starts complaining about a pain in her nose. I ask her what it's from and she tells me she put the sticker in her nose. I look in her nose and don't see anything. She is still complaining, so I get a flashlight out and point it up her nose. Sure enough, way up there, I see something. I couldn't reach it, she couldn't blow it out, I'm thinking, E.R. Finally, she stayed perfectly still and I stuck a pair of tweezers up her nose and got it out on the first try. It was half of a 2-inch round sticker all folded up. I don't know how she got it up there.

After it was all over, I thought it was kind of ironic.

2 comments:

joannmski said...

Wow, it is generational! And also you were pretty much playing the OPERATION board game there, getting the stuff out of Jess!

Father Rich said...

Challenge met - well done