Friday, September 22, 2006

Do they or don't they?

So, every once in a while, I come across someone who doesn't like me. For the most part, I get along with just about everyone. I have some very close friends. There are a few people I have known for 33-34 years! I have some great friendships. Everybody has friends that they relate to more than other people, but sometimes I just rub some people the wrong way. A guy I used to work with, who didn't want to work very hard, said I made him look bad and he hated me for it. Another guy who just decided he didn't like me. Period. I didn't do anything to him. Various women along the way, one of which had a crush on a guy I was seeing at work. But she was MARRIED! Unhappily, though. Sometimes there are reasons, sometimes not. Or at least, not that I know of. I have been told I have a very strong personality. I guess I do. I do care what other people think, just not to the point of living my life by it. I have had to come to terms with the fact that I cannot make other people happy all the time, and if they don't like me, tough noogies. I can't be something I am not just because someone else is uncomfortable with it. Sometimes, I am just too out there. I don't try to offend, in fact, many people confide in me and feel very comfortable talking to me. Their secrets are safe with me. But not everyone.

I bring all of this up because recently I came to the realization that there is someone who I think falls into this category. I don't think they like me very much. I am not certain why. I just get this feeling, even though we have known each other for some time, that maybe this person is one of those that I rub the wrong way without realizing it. Some of these people I confronted at one time or another, to try to make amends. Some I just left alone. So my question is, my bloggy friends, what do you think? Should I say something to this person, who I am not entirely certain, but pretty sure has a problem with me, although I don't know what, or should I just go on? Although, now that I think there may be a problem, I will possibly feel more uncomfortable with them. I have been thinking about this for over a week.

2 comments:

joannmski said...

Oh my. That is a bummer.

I think you should talk to the person. It might be something very simple that causes friction or a misunderstanding that could be resolved. Good luck!

jennie said...

I agree. I only know you over blog-world, but you seem like a nice and caring person. It might at least make you feel better to get it out and go from there.