Tuesday, September 19, 2006

On being 36

Well, in two days, I will no longer be 36. Every year, I turn a year older and don't really think about it. My sister is going to be 40 next month. So, I will be in my 30's and she in her 40's. Ha. I am SOOOO much younger than her!

Why it is good to have a birthday:

You get to blow out all the candles on your birthday cake.
There are going to be a lot of candles on my birthday cake.
But more on my sister's.
Scott makes me a birthday cake on my birthday.
which means my husband will be cooking in the kitchen.
I get to eat cake...
and the calories don't count on your birthday.
I get birthday cards.
some with money in them(?)
so I get to get something for me, instead of for the kids.
JCPenney sent me a $15 gift cert for my birthday.
I get a free appetizer at Red Lobster.
And at Johnny Carino's.
And a free dessert at Bucca Di Beppo.
If I go to all these places.
And, if I don't go, I get to save all kinds of money.
Dad is coming out to babysit the girls, so we can go out.
If the fire doesn't threaten his house.
The girls will get me a birthday card.
And Scott is taking the day off of work.
So I don't have to get up with him at 4am.
Which means, I get to sleep in on my birthday.
And do whatever I want.
Which is, to spend time with my family.
And, most importantly, my God loves me.

2 comments:

joannmski said...

Woo hoo! Happy Birthday Amy (2 days in advance)! I love you and hope that you have a fabulous year.

jennie said...

Happy Birthday!! Have a great day!