Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fwd: This email to everyone you know...

Don't you hate when you get a great email. Very uplifting, a nice read. But at the end it says to forward to everyone you know, and, oh, what the heck, forward it to every possible email address in the world. Maybe you will get a penny for each email you send it to. Yeah, right. Maybe it will bring you bad luck if you don't. Not that I believe in luck, good or bad. Or your dog will have puppies. Or SOMETHING will happen because of your compliance or lack thereof in regards to this email you received.

Well, the ones that make me go "AAAGHHH!" are the ones that say, "If you don't send this to 387 people in the next 2 minutes, it shows that you don't love God and you are embarrassed to send it because it is about God." Give me a break. How many times have you received this? Somebody figured out that this is the perfect way to guilt people into sending some dumb email that you would not otherwise send to everybody you know. Some people fall for the "Your toenails will all fall off if you don't forward this" mentality and others are guilted into it by the "You are embarrassed to admit you love God if you don't send this" ones.

I love God. With all my heart. But that doesn't mean I am going to send some dumb email to everyone I know and some people I don't just because the email tells me to. I'll send it if I think it will be a good read for the people I know. Funny, uplifting, meaningful, whatever.

Stupid email.

1 comment:

joannmski said...

I know. The nice veiled threat. The people I know who forward those types of emails all the time are many times not even Christian! They just like to forward emails.