Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I got to hold the baby!

A one week old baby girl! Yeah, I know, but her mother handed her to me and how could I say no? She was wide awake, bright-eyed and beautiful. So tiny, but she seemed so comfortable. So, I put her in my arms and both of us were just fine. She was absolutely beautiful! Tiny ears and hands. She is half Filipino and just beautiful. Her mother is doing well. We took dinner to them last night. Just Jess and I. The Hubby was nice enough to meet me on his way home and take the little Sister home. Jess got to sit on the floor and hold the baby. I felt like an octopus, keeping my hands directly underneath her arms. She held her for about two minutes and I figured we were doing good, so stop while you are ahead. Well, I asked her, when we were in the car later, "So, what did you think of that little baby?" "SHE WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUTE!" Just as I thought. She loved holding the baby.

No comments: