Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Three

Three is the new two. I don't like three. There are some things about three that I like, but there is a lot I don't like. Like the hitting. Of the big Sister. Why? I don't understand coming up to someone and hitting them for no reason. And when asked, "Why did you hit your sister?", the answer is, "I don't know." That's not an answer! I want to know what is going on in the mind of a three year old and she can't explain that to me. It is frustrating.

The things I like about three are that she is finding her independence, but still needs Mommy. She is learning about the things around her and what her likes and dislikes are. She gives great hugs. She has a great smile. But there is an ugly, wrinkled up face that she has, too. Oh dear. What is four going to be like? This one is different than the big Sister. She is mostly love and hugs and trying to please. A little rebellion now and then, but for the most part she just wants to love everyone and have a good time. The little Sister has somewhat of a mean streak. This one is going to be my challenge.

No comments: