Monday, September 24, 2007

Buddy

Hi, this is Buddy the cat. I thought I would commandeer the computer and give you an update on me, since nobody else has! My people are doing well, no new news, so I figured they wouldn't notice if I popped up here.

They started letting me go outside a few months ago. I go play in the backyard and occasionally crawl under the fence to the neighbors' yard. Nice change of scenery. I go out at about 4:00am, but lately it has been pretty chilly outside, so I have skipped my morning adventure a few times. I appreciate them letting me outside. I am able to watch the birds and bugs and I also can relieve myself there instead of using the box inside all the time. They don't keep it as clean as I would like, so if I don't have to use it as often, all the better.

On Sunday mornings, my people don't get up at 4:00am. I get so lonely and I have to wake up Mom. She doesn't mind too much. I just don't like being alone! I really had to work at it a couple of weeks ago. I even had to bite her toes because she wouldn't get up! It was already 6:00am! Can you imagine? They were still asleep! Sometimes I will go in and wake up the small people first, then THEY wake up Mom. I don't think it would be a good idea to wake up Dad, though.

Mom started buying me Kitty Cookies recently. They are good. I have her trained. Several times a day I start thinking about the cookies and voila! they start shaking the bag! It is amazing! Sometimes they even shake the bag when I don't think of it first! I come running so that they will do it again the next time. Boy, have I got them trained! They are delicious!

I don't chase after paper balls anymore. That is so yesterday. I am practically an adult! I do sleep a lot more than I used to. I get tired during the middle of the day. What is a cat supposed to do? I hop up in my cat tree and the small people don't bother me. Mom doesn't let them climb up my tree. Only I am allowed. Thank goodness! I love my small people. They give me LOTS of attention. I even let them carry me around sometimes. It's okay. They are pretty nice to me and tell me they love me. They hug and kiss me a lot, especially the little one named Rebekah. She gets in trouble for picking me up as much as she does, so I try to be especially nice so they won't find out she picked me up. I don't want her to get in trouble so much. And they have told her if she isn't nice, I may have to go. I don't want to go, so I try to be as nice to her as possible, so I don't cause trouble. I actually do like it when she picks me up. At least I don't have to go bug Mom to hold me and kiss me.

I am glad that they took me away from that bad place where they found me. The Animal Shelter, I think they called it. It was not a very nice place. Before they rescued me, I was drugged and the people there did some bad things I don't EVEN want to describe to you! I'll just say, it is a good thing I am covered in fur!

Overall, I am very happy living with my people. They take good care of me. They do yell at me sometimes when I scratch on their furniture. What is a cat do? It is great stuff for sharpening your claws on! I do stay away from Dad's chair. I think they would probably leave me outside! So NO leather recliner for me!

Don't tell them I was here. We'll just keep it to ourselves, okay? Oh, and if I don't get back here, have a happy Halloween. They won't let me out that day, even though we are celebrating my birthday on Halloween, so I will wish you a safe and happy Halloween now.

Meow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I noticed you left a comment on a friend of mine's blog - clunn love lessons. I just wanted to offer my opinion on Math U See. We used it for a couple of years and found it to be lacking. A wonderful idea I read from the Robinson curriculum is to teach your children (between 4 to 6 years old) all the facts (addition, sub, mult, and div), and then begin Saxon 54. We've tried Math U See and Abeka but have come back to Saxon. Being "pioneer homeschoolers", we've had to learn the hard way what seems to work or not. Of course, we also know that every family is different and there is no "one size fits all" homeschooling method. Hopefully our children will benefit from our homeschooling efforts and find things a little easier when they begin their own homeschooling journey. May the Lord bless you and yours.

Dawn Bailey
dawn@rbcgrace.org

rosemary said...

Umm, I won't tell....you need to meet Emma and Guido, the new kittens in the house. They take the word energy to a new level.

Sandy said...

So much to catch up on! Your birthday trip so reminded me of your Mother - she would head off to the beach every opportunity she got. Mostly spur-of-the-moment trips - the best kind. Think you could post a picture of Buddy? Hard to believe he's almost a year old. Sam runs our house but hasn't figured out how to use the computer yet - maybe Buddy can teach her. Lastly, I'm one who loves you too - belated happy birthday! They don't come much sweeter.......

Amy said...

Hi Dawn! Thanks for stopping by! And for the info! Nice to have more info before I put up the $$$.

Rosemary! I would love to meet them! I will check your blog for pics! They sound like my kind of people!

I will get a picture on here SOON!
I need to get the digital camera batteries charged, too! Maybe with the girls holding him? Too cute!