Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A New Do

I got a hair cut. Actually, I got them all cut. Or should I say, I got my hair styled. Because it had no style before. It had been about three years, or more, since I had been to a beauty salon. Sad. Scott cut four inches off the bottom one time and a friend did it another time. My bangs grew out and were no longer bangs. All I did was pull it back in a ponytail and try to get it out of my way. It was annoying more than anything. So I finally broke down and went to have it done. A very nice lady, I highly recommend her. She did a great job on my hair. She was recommended by Laurie. She has a beautiful hair-do, so I figured she must go to someone good. Well, it turned out nice. But I can't get it to do what the hairstylist, Julie, did with it. It was all sort of wispy and soft, flipped up on the bottom and curled in around my face. I will have to work with it and figure out what she did. But it is a good cut and it looks okay the way I blow dried it, even if it isn't the way she did it. Practice, I suppose. All the gray is gone, though, so I am happy. I feel like a girl again. And spending time with women whose ages are double digits didn't hurt, either. Girl time. What a concept!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Hello
How did your move go?
I so know what you mean about 'the gray'. I have to get out and get mine taken care of. (smile)
I love your 100 list. That looks like fun.
God bless
Joy

Amy said...

My move is still going! I go out there every other day and bring back more cra...I mean, stuff.

I had three inches of gray to cover. It was bad. I feel human again!

Thanks for visiting, Joy! Have a great day!

Sandy said...

Yay, you're back and such a good sport to do the 100 thing. Looking forward to seeing your new "do." I know it's beautiful - how could it be otherwise???

jennie said...

it's really nice to have "girl time" every once in awhile too!