Friday, June 20, 2008

31,000 Scientists Can't Be Wrong

Let me just jump on my bandwagon here for a little bit.

Really. Al Gore says that there are only a few skeptics left and that there is an overwhelming consensus in favor of the global warming theory. I never really did believe it. It just seems too ridiculous. But I guess I am a skeptic. After all, I am one of those who still believes that God really did create the earth in six days and man did not evolve from monkeys. I believe that man really did land on the moon. The human body has an incredible capacity to heal itself, if you allow it to. And, oh yeah, and the earth is round, too. But I digress. There is something called the Petition Project, where more than 31,000 American scientists, including 9,000+ PhD's have signed this petition, which basically states that they do not agree that human-caused emissions are causing global warming. Which I have been saying for a while now. This project was put together by a man named Arthur Robinson, who has also homeschooled his six children in the twenty years since his wife passed away. He developed a self-teaching method for homeschooling them and now has the program available on CD. The children were raised with no sugar and no television. On a farm where each has had responsibilities and duties. They have thrived over the years. One is now a Professor of Veterinary Medicine and another is a Professor of Chemistry, working with their father at the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine.
The Petition Project is a separate project from the Institute. It is organized by Arthur Robinson. It is really interesting to read the views of other people besides Al Gore, who is so assertive and cannot believe that there are any "skeptics" left. He has so convinced himself that this global warming is real, that there is no convincing him otherwise.
So I did a little research. Over the past 100+ years, if you can believe the news media, we have been headed for first a warming trend (1895), then a little ice age (1920's), then warming again (1950's), then cooling again (1970's), then, since the late 80's, with the catch phrase, "Global Warming", here we are today. Well, I think God created this earth and put in quite a few damage-control measures. I think it would take a lot to mess it up for real. I'm not saying that we can't mess it up, or that we shouldn't be responsible and take care of what He has given us, but I don't think "Mother Earth" is as fragile as all that.
IMHO, I believe that as long as we take care to do our best and take care of the earth, it will be just fine. Warming shmarming. It's all a bunch of hooey.

2 comments:

jennie said...

i am in total agreement with you! i have heard about the past "trends" starting over one hundred years ago, and if it didn't get out of control then, it isn't going to now. I do agree that we should take care of what we have now as much as we can possible do, but God created this world and whatever He wants to happen is what's going to happen.

Amy said...

So nice of you to visit me! Thank you! And it is nice to know someone else doesn't blindly follow wherever they want to lead us! :p