Sunday, February 05, 2006

Disappointed

Last night I went to the grocery store. Got $170 worth of groceries for $105. Coupons and specials. Scott stayed home with the girls. I told them if they cleaned up the playroom, I would bring back a special treat. Well, I got them the little valentines day candy hearts. Each box was on sale for 33 cents. Not bad, I thought. Jessica worked on the playroom and got it cleaned up. She worked hard. Rebekah didn't help, but her job was to root through the bags of groceries looking for the treat. She gave up when she got to the box of valentine cards. So, I found the candy hearts and gave them each a box. Jess will get something extra special tomorrow because she was the only one to really clean up. And she will get to have dinner on the celebrate plate. Anyway, the first candy Jess put in her mouth was a white one. Peppermint. Doesn't like peppermint. Spit it out. Next one, didn't like the taste of. Tried one more. Decided she didn't like the candies at all and promptly threw the entire box in the trash. I think I was more disappointed than she was. Here, I was trying to reward her for going above and beyond and the reward was a bust! And she LOVES candy. And sweets, and anything chocolate. I should have just bought her her very own Hershey bar and called it good. But I thought I was doing something good. What a bummer.

Of course, Rebekah was sitting on the floor with her box of confections going, "These are GOOD!" So, the one who should not have been rewarded enjoyed the reward. Best laid plans...

2 comments:

Sinnersaint said...

Still good mom effort. You can never be 100% sure on everything.

joannmski said...

Wah! But kudos on the coupons, those are some good savings.