Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Friends

I have been thinking about my friends lately. My friend in New Jersey - I talked with her the other day. She is thinking about moving to North Carolina. I have known her for 33 years. Wow, that is a long time to know someone considering I am only 29. Yeah. She has three boys, 6 1/2, 3 1/2, almost 2. She's done. She must be a saint! I don't know how she does it! When I speak with her on the phone, it doesn't seem that we haven't talked in ages, it seems as though I talked to her a week ago. She told me that a girl in our high school class died three months ago. Had five kids, four girls one boy ages 12 to 2. Brain tumor. How sad. I haven't been out of high school long enough for people to be dying already! I can't imagine what her kids are going through, though.

Another friend just announced she is pregnant. Eight weeks. I am SOOOOO happy for her, I can't contain myself. She has that "glow". It is not just a myth, people. She is radiantly beautiful. I am sure her husband thinks so as well. And I hope that we grow even closer, as now we will have one more thing in common. What fun!

Another friend is going to have a baby next week. She has been on bed rest because her blood pressure is too high. She, too, looks beautiful. Just totally at peace. She has a six year old son and she is having a baby girl. She wanted a girl. She has bought things for my girls on occasion because she just couldn't put down the cute little pink item. Well, now I have had a chance to buy her a few little pink things! She is a wonderful person and a joy to be with and I am so happy for her that she gets to have another baby.

I have a new friend. Jess and Bekah go to a gymnastics class and one of the mothers I found out lives on the street behind me. In the same house as me! They came to Jess and Bekah's birthday party. She is so nice! One of the nicest people you could meet. I hope that we become better friends.

My very good friend, who helped me with my gophers, took me to the dealership the other day to get the windows tinted, has watched my kids when I am in need and would do anything to help. She is one of the nicest people I know. I enjoy her company immensely and am so glad that we are friends. And she has a great laugh.

My dad is becoming a very good friend. We never spent much time together before, but we see him about once a week now. It is very nice. We can talk and laugh and joke and he is so much more relaxed now than ever before. And we have this gopher thing in common.

My sister-in-law's sister. She is always positive and upbeat. She always has a smile on her face. If you are feeling down, she is the one you want to have around. She has a three year old daughter with white blonde hair and she is so cute. Rebekah's best friend. They have a good time together and so do Mary and I.

My aunt, who reads this blog to get a laugh. So I write, hoping she will. I can't think about her without smiling. She is one of the most generous and genuinely nice people I know and especially since my mom passed away, I have become closer to her and I am glad she is in my life. She is a wonderful person.

There are other people I have become close to lately and I am so thankful that I have these people in my life. Aren't we blessed to have close friends that we can talk to, share with and that understand us? At different times in our lives we become close to different people and sometimes we don't talk to someone for a long time, but friends, unlike relatives, are chosen and they are the people who we spend time with because we want to. You can be yourself with your friends and they still like you! I thank God for all my very good friends.

No comments: