Wednesday, August 30, 2006

MY Chili Tastes Like Crap

Well, my husband generally likes my cooking. But not my chili. This came up on Sunday when, at the PoFolks Potluck Joann made chili. HERS was good, mine is crap. Just ask my husband. He was telling others at the table about how bad my chili is. Well, he was going on about how good Joann's chili was. Has been ever since. Stupid Joann. She's making me look bad. I had bought a packet of Carroll Shelby's Chili mix because my husband said he likes that kind. Said Joann's tastes like it. I made it for dinner. I didn't like it. Not much. He didn't like it much, either. Said there was too much meat, not enough beans. JOANN's chili had more beans than meat and it is BETTER that way. Just ask my husband. He said everything else I make is good. My chili - not so much. That's being too nice. He hates it. The chili I made tonight, he ate most of it. Jessica loved it. She also loves my chili. Said my chili is the best. What a good girl. I am not making chili at home anymore. It is the one thing we don't agree on.

Stupid chili.

6 comments:

joannmski said...

Oh, I think Scott has shed some of his stupidity... ;-)

The chili is cheaper to make if you don't have as much meat! Your chili was too high-falutin'.

Here is my regular recipe:

1.5 lbs. ground beef
1 big old can of Hunt's chili beans (can substitute 2 cans of smaller chili beans)
1 big giant can of crushed tomatoes
Carroll Shelby's chili mix
1 small can kidney beans

Brown the beef. Put in the big red spice mix from the chili mix into the beef. Drain the kidney beans and put them in. Dump in everything else that comes in a can. Stir. Throw away the masa flour Carroll Shelby gives you.

Season to taste with the salt and cayenne pepper Carroll Shelby gives you.

glorygrl said...

I believe this is an excellent opportunity for Scott to engage his inner "iron chef" and learn to make his own chili. Men need at least one "daddy made" recipe just in case, God forbid, mom needs a day off to be sick or crazy.

I know Scott, being as enlightened a man as has ever walked the planet, will see the wisdom of not picking on the one person who continues to serve him meals on a daily basis.

Scott said...

That's why GOD gave us take-out baby.

Amy said...

If the good Lord had wanted us to eat take out, he would not have given us the ability to make indoor kitchens.

Scott said...

O.K. first of all, nothing that comes out of a microwave is dinner.

Secondly, let's talk about indoor kitchens...here's a short list of some.
In'n'out Burger
Chi-Chi's Pizza
Outback Steakhouse
Tokyo Steak
Tommy's
Del Taco
El Pollo Loco
Roundtable
Red Robin
Smokehouse
Cupid's Hot Dogs (indoor steam table)
Golden Cantina
Saddle Peak Lodge
Sizzler
Bob's Big Boy
Denny's
and the list goes on and on.

Amy said...

ha
ha
ha
you not the funny