Thursday, August 31, 2006

Yeah, they want me...

I got a letter from the Cambridge Who's Who. I am "being considered for inclusion into the 2006/2007 Cambridge Who's Who Among Executive and Professional Women "Honors Edition" of the Registry." The letter goes on to say that "Recognition of this kind is an honor shared by thousands of executive and professional women throughout America each year. Inclusion is considered by many as the single highest mark of achievement."

They want me.

They are about six years too late, though. I was at the height of my career with the mortgage company, doing mortgage licensing for thirty states, for branch offices in six states, the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act filing for HUD as well as licensing for HUD, filing with the California Department of Corporations for our California Mortgage Lenders license, Human Resources administration for 80 employees in Los Angeles and overseeing approx. 30 employees around the country. Oh, and Executive Secretary to two "executives" who ran around, cheated on their wives, went to the corporate apartment with their girlfriends for "lunch" and generally behaved like spoiled brats. But they were nice to me.

Who's Who should have contacted me then.

Now, I am in charge of two rambuctious children. I have never been more busy. They wouldn't want me now. They should have talked to me then.

Oh well. Another time in my life. I guess when I get back in the work force, I will have to get in touch with them. Maybe the offer will still stand.

Ya think?

1 comment:

joannmski said...

I think Who's Who should contact you now. I love your girls a lot more than mortgages! I think shepherding them is more important.

:-)