Thursday, November 30, 2006

Piles and Piles of Paper!

So, how do all the rest of you do it? I mean, I am literally up to my eyeballs in junk mail! I don't have enough hours in my day to go through it all. To rip it up, to see if there is anything there I really need to look at. To peruse the catalogs. I just don't have the time. And when I put it aside because I have something else more pressing, I end up with enough junk mail to fit in a grocery store bag! I have mounds of paper and it is becoming a fire hazard. I don't know what all the rest of you do with it, but if you have any ideas, please share. My paper shredder is broken. When I turn it on, it will only pull one piece of paper through and then I have to turn it off and back on to put another piece through. I need a chipper. So I can put an entire day's worth of mail in at a time. Maybe in about six months I will catch up.

Any suggestions? Help!

4 comments:

glorygrl said...

bonfire?

Jewels said...

I go through my mail every day over the trash can. I throw out everything that I won't be buying from (catalogs), rip up junky sales pitch envelopes, and shred only the checks and things from credit card companies, everything else gets filed in the bils section (because it is a bill I will be paying soon). I read the sales ads immediately then throw them in the recycle bin or if I don't have time I put those in the bathroom. During naptime, or when nature calls, those are the good times to check ads.

But I am super-clean lady and I chuck stuff regularly.

joannmski said...

I throw away as soon as it comes. If it is something that should be shreded, I don't have a shredder so I put it in with the ooiest, gooiest trash so it is immediately unreadable and goes into mush.

That's how unclean lady does it. ;-)

glorygrl said...

junk mail list is great, but if you've every ordered from somehwere they have you on their mailing list with your permission. Tear the page of the catlog with your address label off, chuck the rest and some day in january when you have time, call and have them take you off the list.

Citibank and I have had that conversation and I have no more weekly credit card offers to shred from them.