Friday, January 19, 2007

MOMMY?!?!

There's nothing worse than being awakened in the dead of night by a child's cry for Mommy! I leaped out of bed. It was 12:30. She was vomitting in the toilet. Scott also was awakened and went to check her bed. Nothing. She woke up from being sound asleep and made it to the toilet to puke. What an amazing girl! No mess anywhere! Well, we stayed up from 12:30 until 4:30 in the morning when Scott left for work (he had gone back to sleep) and she had about twelve episodes of heaving. Poor thing! There was nothing left to come up! Well, she slept until about 9:00 this morning and she felt much better. No more throwing up. But we only fed her top ramen for lunch just to be on the safe side. She seems to be all better now and is running around like normal now. I am so glad. I hate when she is sick! Hopefully Rebekah doesn't get it! I don't think she will. Jess has a sensitive stomach and picks up every stomach thing just because she doesn't want it to get away, it seems. This one was bad, but not very long. My baby is healthy again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old wives cures....warm 7 up, crackers, toast plain....and of course the really old one...Lamb!!! This was one passed on from my first husbands grandmother who was a California Indian raised at San Juan Capistrano.

Amy said...

I love the old wives cures! There has got to be some truth to them, right? Or is it just a bunch of snake oil?

Soozcat said...

My mom often gave us Coke when we were vomiting-sick. It was the only time we drank Coke, and even now I associate the taste of cola with being sick. I wonder about it now--you'd think the caffeine would make an upset stomach even worse. But apparently it's good for dispelling nausea.