Monday, January 29, 2007

Recycled Dollars

I am a bad mom. I didn't realize that her tooth was as loose as it was. She was able last night to push it straight out forward, at a 90 degree angle from where it should have been. We put the Baby Orajel on and waited. It takes about ten minutes for it to take effect. So then I tried. She cried. I tried again and it came out. Then she bled. But she was happy! She really wanted the tooth fairy to come last night. Then she wanted to go to bed so Roy, the Tooth Fairy, would come. Then she was asking all kinds of questions. How does he get in the house? What does he do? Too many questions. I had to admit that I didn't really know that much about him. Well, then there was the problem of the golden dollar. She was anticipating a golden dollar. She wanted another one! But, being the bad mom, I did not plan ahead. Alas, there was no golden dollar to be found. EXCEPT...the one that was still left in the little tooth box from the first tooth! I went looking for the little tooth box and found it, with the gold dollar inside. I put the gold dollar in my pocket and brought the little box to her, where we together put the tooth in it. Then we put it under her pillow. Then this morning, she came to me and said, "He was HERE!" and produced the golden dollar! Ouch. Another twinge of guilt. She didn't ask about her other golden dollar. She hasn't realized yet that it is missing. However, she will. Just a matter of time. So, I need to find another golden dollar. And a third for the next tooth that is already loose. Nothing like planning ahead.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Uh oh. She just asked about her first golden dollar. I told her it wasn't in there, but we'd find it. I better get some today!

joannmski said...

LOL! Who started this golden dollar business? I say a nice green common dollar bill does the job... ;-)

rosemary said...

Yea, what is a golden dollar? I remember giving my kids a dime....talk about inflation!!!! At the rate she is going you had better get a rollof these magical coins!

Amy said...

SHE asked for it. Said she hoped the tooth fairy would bring her a golden dollar for her first tooth, then when she got it she was so excited, she was hoping to get another one for the next tooth. Who am I to dash the hopes and dreams of a 5-year old?