Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mechanical pencils 5 pack for 10cents!

I love school supply shopping. Filler paper 29cents. Pencils 10 for 25 cents. Box of crayons 5 cents. Pencil sharpener 1 cent. Folders 1 cent. 15 pack of colored pencils 50 cents. A whole 64 pack of crayons with the sharpener on the back $1.50. I went yesterday and spent $4 on school supplies and got a whole bag full of stuff. Too cool. I just love shopping for next to nothing. It makes me feel like I am really doing good. But now I have enough school supplies for the next ten years. Because every week when the ads come out, I go nuts. Gotta get 'em. Because I'm only gonna spend two dollars. Or whatever! It is fun! The girls have a blast, too. But then they want to buy something that is not on sale and I'm like, "No! I'm bargain shopping!" And they go, "Awww, Mom!!!!"

Rebekah was picking up the cat the other night. This occurs about 50 times each day. Well, I told her to put him down. She says, "I know, he's a poor cat when I pick him up!"

Jessica wants to have parties and shows everyday. She set the table yesterday for a snack party. Styrofoam plates and cookies and candies and little bathroom sized cups with juice in them. She would make a great kindergarten teacher. I remember having the little snack after my kindergarten class every day. Nilla wafers and juice. Interesting combination.

3 comments:

jennie said...

you are a great bargain shopper!! i definitely need to pay more attention!

rosemary said...

I used to love to buy school stuff too. I still love to buy pens. I think I read you are going to home school the girls...good for you. You'll need all of this stuff. And a file cabinet, and a teachers desk and chair, and desks and chairs for the girls, and a special room too. Did you see someone from Rome visited you!

Sandy said...

Shopping for school supplies is always so much fun - there's something wonderful about all those unfilled notebooks, unsharpened pencils, markers and folders. Bargain prices? Even better. Way to go!