Saturday, October 13, 2007

Jessica

Jess pulled out her front tooth last night. Her right front came out a while back. Her left front had been dangling and wiggling for a while. She wanted it out, but wouldn't let me near it. We tried once with the Baby Orajel, but she still wouldn't let me touch it last week! So, last night, she went in the bathroom and comes out with a tissue and a big smile, "It's coming out!"

Me: Did you get it out? (Noticing blood in her mouth and on the tissue)
Jess: No, but I pulled on it!
Me: Well, go back in the bathroom and work on it, so you don't get blood on the carpet.

Five minutes later....

Jess: I did it! I pulled my tooth out. And I didn't even need to put that stuff on it!
Me: Good for you, Sweetie!

So I had her put it in a ziploc bag, then this inside the little box she puts under her pillow and placed it in its right spot. She told me she wanted to hold onto the box, so she would wake up when the tooth fairy got there and I told her she couldn't, because if the tooth fairy thinks he/she will wake you up, they won't leave the money. And they probably won't make a second trip, since they already came the first time.

She asked me if she would get a golden dollar again and I told her that if the tooth fairy had enough for the night, she probably would, but if there were a lot of kids that lost teeth last night, then TF would probably leave a paper dollar instead. She understood. And as it turns out, TF left a golden dollar. Her sister checked the little box this morning. Cool.

Now they have already lost the box.

Since I am talking about Jessica, this is pretty cute.

A few weeks back, when we were driving to Dad's house in his car because he had taken mine with the new recliner in the back, I had left my purse in my car, with my driver's license in it. I said, out loud, that I did not have my driver's license with me. Jessica panicked and asked, in a worried tone, "Oh no, Mommy, do you still remember how to drive?"

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Isn't it wonderful that they get so excited about losing a tooth! And Jessica's comment would make a RD story. So glad you share these special moments.

Joy said...

I thought that was so sweet. It takes me back to when Jacob lost his first tooth.
Joy

rosemary said...

Umm, I have found two kitten teeth and saved them...maybe I should have put them under my pillow...the TF is probably broke by now.

Steph C. said...

Where are you Amy!?!? You haven't blogged in forever!