Saturday, March 15, 2008

Moving, moving, moving.

On the road again. I have been moving. We moved to Castaic to be closer to our church family, closer to Scott's work, closer to, well, everything. It's not windy here either. That is a definite plus. The novelty of the stairs is gone. Rebekah doesn't want to climb stairs anymore. And my sister was right. Be careful on the stairs, because you will fall. I fell. I got a nice whopper of a bruise on the back of my arm, just above the elbow. It's a doozie. I was really tired when Jess came up to wake me up and fix the TV, which she is still getting used to. Well, I wasn't being careful, as I was half asleep and I slipped and fell down about five steps. My arm crushed the side of a box on the way down and helped bring me to a stop. Good job, Amy! Way to go. The good news is that my body is already so sore everywhere from schlepping boxes up and down and back and forth that I don't think I could possibly do any more damage than I already have. Great.

I am tired. Trying to unload boxes and go back and fill them up again. I still don't have all the stuff out of the other house! Maybe in a week or two. What a job! I will need to rent a truck for the last of the furniture and then that should do it. Oh boy, I hate moving! But I do like that Scott gets up later than he used to and he is home about 45 minutes earlier than he used to. That is really nice. This is good!

The girls love it here. The girl next door is 11 years old. She loves having two little girls next door. She comes over almost every day to see if they can play. We are in a cul-de-sac with only our house and one other. So all the neighborhood kids play here. Right outside. It is nice. The weather is nice. There is no hellacious wind outside blowing everything away that isn't nailed down (and some things that are). So that is good. And plants will grow here as well. There is a grape vine in the front yard and citrus and loquats in the backyard. Cool. All in all, a good move. I just wish it was all done.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Whew, sounds like you need a shopping trip with an aunt that loves you like a daughter!

Sandy said...

Thanks for the tip re JCP. If you're still sore today, have Scott give you a back rub. :-)

joannmski said...

Hello! I have tagged you to write "7 Things About Me." More info here: http://joannmski.blogspot.com/2008/03/seven-things-about-me.html

Joy said...

Hello!
It has been forever since I have been online or blogged. I have been on again for a few weeks now. I see you moved. I hope it goes well. Its funny we are putting our home on the market and moving next year. small world. I hope your well. God bless
Joy
ps the photos are too cute!

rosemary said...

Sounds like the move is a good thing all they way around. Stairs for me are still an issue. If I go down them with my glasses on I have to look under the specs......aging. Then there are the dogs who try to see who can get to the door first while I am going down the stairs.

jennie said...

Amy, check out my blog. 100 list, your turn!