Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Global Wha?

Okay, I just checked the weather. Twenty four hours from now it is supposed to get to 14 degrees here. That's freakin' cold! Dad's weather report for the same period is 22 degrees. Ours is colder!? He lives in the mountains. He's supposed to have the dang cold weather. I live in the desert. D E S E R T. Okay, it's supposed to get more extreme than the valley, sure, but not THIS! And the record here, from 1987 is 17 degrees. To me, that seems to be getting colder. Yeah, yeah, I know, it is just one temp from one area on one given date, yada yada yada. That's freakin' cold, though! The high is supposed to get to 43 degrees tomorrow. Woo-hooo! Let's go out in our swimsuits and run around in the sprinklers. So, as for me, I don't see the temps going up any. It's cold here. Talk to me when it gets to be summer here, maybe mid-August and I am dying because it is the hottest summer on record. Then we'll talk about global warming. Cuz right now, I'm not buying it.

3 comments:

joannmski said...

I still have your snow shoes at my house! We will bring them to you on Sunday. *guilty*

Amy said...

Your manners are better than your memory, dear friend. You gave them to me a month or so ago. :-)

joannmski said...

Holy cow! OK then I am happy. ;0)