Saturday, January 13, 2007

Yard Update

The gardener came. They guy who pulled all the weeds. He was here all day last Sunday. He planted all the plants. He even rearranged part of the dirt above the lawn. He planted a hedge on the other side of the driveway, by the neighbors yard. He did a nice job. And he worked all day and it was FREEZING! He brought his brother with him. They are from Jamaica. The weather is a little different here than there. He was saying it is too cold here for him and he will be moving. But, I hope it is not too soon! I got someone I like and he is good! Hopefully he won't move. Anyway, all we have left to do is the slope on the side of the house. It is 12 feet high and 90 feet across. This is the section above the existing grass. Only the top half of the slope. The guy never called Scott back when he asked for more time, so I guess it is okay that we are not done yet. It is a work in progress and it is costing a fortune that we do not have, but it does look nicer. So, for a while we will be eating mac and cheese (no problem for Bekah, that's her favorite food) and we will suck it up while we are working on the slope. Such fun!

2 comments:

joannmski said...

May I recommend planting ornamental strawberry? It's like strawberries without the fruit which attracts critters. It hold a slope very nicely.

Amy said...

Yeah, I thought about that too. But I am not sure it can handle the freeze! My strawberry plants aren't doing so well right now! We are zone 11 in the Big Plant Book and the only thing that grows well are tumbleweeds!