Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hot Tea

Tea is good. Tea is my friend. Hot tea. Steaming, warming up cold hands. No calories. Tasty and free. I like tea. I never really gave it much thought. Then several days ago, I saw my teapot sitting on the stove looking all lonely. So, I decided to make some hot water and throw in a tea bag. It was good. My mouth was happy. My hands were no longer chilled. Life was good. My tea and I were at peace.

Tea is good. Coffee, not so much. In order for me to drink coffee, it has to be loaded up with something else. You know, to get rid of the coffee taste. And I always end up with a stomach ache from coffee. It doesn't agree with me. Tea agrees with me. I never really realized it until now.

Don't get me wrong. I have had tea before. I like to buy tea. It smells good. I have made iced tea many times. In the Iced Tea machine. Brews it into a three quart pitcher you fill with ice and you have a whole pitcher full of iced tea. It's cool. No pun intended. But it's been a once in a while thing. Not all the time. Until last week. I have made tea every day. Hot tea. It has kept me warm. It has made me feel good. I have even ordered tea the last two times we went out to eat. Last night, mexican food. This place with good mexican food in Rosamond. At the airport. I had hot tea. It was good. Darjeeling. You know, the kind Buzz Lightyear drank with Mrs. Nesbit. And at home yesterday it was the one from Pampered Chef with orange and spice in it. Very good. The day before was Cinnamon Spice tea. How could this be bad? And I have yet to try the Hibiscus tea. I have about six different teas at home to try. Hmmm. Imagine the possibilities. Hopefully, you, dear Reader, are not bored with talk of tea. Take comfort that I have found something that is very enjoyable with no guilt. I already have it, so it costs me nothing. It warms me on the inside and tastes good, too. And it warms my hands. And hearing the sound of the teapot whistling leaves me in anticipation of what is to come. I think I have become a tea drinker.

No comments: