Thursday, October 20, 2005

Nobody

I'm just a little nobody,
I said to myself one day,
Nobody cares what I do,
Or if I work or play.
If I were not here,
Would someone care?
Or would they just go on,
Not noticing me
or wondering that I'm now gone?

"I care about you, my dear one,"
the Lord said to me one day,
"You will always be in my will,
if you will simply pray.
Ask Me for strength,
Ask Me for hope,
In all you do and say,
And I will love you forever,
Dear child, if in your heart I stay."

"Do not cry, my child,
I care about you now.
I loved you before you knew Me.
You didn't even know how.
Your life is Mine to handle,
Your troubles are mine alone,
You are special in the eyes of God,
To Me you are well-known."

"To pay for all your sins,
I sent my Precious Son.
Who else would do that?
I can think of not a one.
You are precious to me,
More precious than silver or gold.
I love you more than anything,
And, with Me, you will never grow old."

"So, ask Me to be with you
and in your heart to stay.
And pray for angels to protect you,
Each and every day.
Love me always, and never fear,
You are a child of God.
I will always be near."

1 comment:

joannmski said...

I am waiting for the day, soon, when you will change your blog name to Significant Somebody, which you absolutely are, to us and God. ;-)