Thursday, December 14, 2006

What I am not good at

I am sure there are plenty of things. But, for now, we will leave it at keeping my house clean and making chili. Okay, so, forget the clean house thing for now. I will deal with that later. So, it all boils down to the chili. (Pun intended.)

Scott doesn't like the way I make chili. Too much of this, too little of that. I just throw it all in the pot and let it cook for a while. No go. Well, I like it really tomatoey (is that a word?) and all the chili recipes I am finding don't have any tomatoes in them. So, that's a start. And no beans, either. They all seem to have beef broth and some have chicken broth. And, they all put the ingredients in in steps. First this set of spices, then this set of spices and so on. So, I found two recipes I am going to try. Found them on the chili.org site. They are both award-winning chili recipes. So, I will try. And if he doesn't like these, then I am going to hang up my chili hat and buy a can of Hormel. Got to go to the store today and get the ingredients. There's gonna be chili tonight!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you! I went back and printed your recipe! Will let you know if he likes it!

joannmski said...

Well, I am catching up on blogs! I highly suggest the Carroll Shelby chili mix, with chili beans and tomatoes added.

Amy said...

Yea, that's good, too. But when I made it, he didn't care for it so much. Maybe there's something in my water that just doesn't jive with the chili.